The Two Central Questions That Most Human Resource Consultants Ask…
- How to Retain Top Talent?
- How to Reduce Employee Turnover?
These two questions are the key features in this Employee Training Development. They are the main focus of human resource consultants in every organization today, who struggle to understand what is management about given the massive organizational changes that companies experience. These changes affect the stability of the workforce and cost companies millions of dollars. The cost of millions is due to the lack of willingness to spend mere thousands, by investing where it counts, and where it makes a difference, such as on this Employee Training Development program. A program that can make a real difference for any organization with enlivened performance information tools and performance tools. Among its many exciting features, this Employee Training Development offers many employee management tips by tackling head on the question ‘what is change about’, and provide creative ideas on what can be done to retain top talent and minimize employee turnover.
Clearly, there’s urgent and obvious need for employee management training to take place on a continuous basis to deal with current employee engagement issues, which are vastly different nowadays to any time in the past. An immediate conclusion can be drawn that there is a great “gaping hole” that needs to be reconciled with soft skills for the workplace, as part of an overall Employee Training Development.
The Questions Behind the Questions – Separating Cause From Symptom
The real questions that need to be answered by the leadership, the management and human resources consultants, are those that hide behind the two above mentioned questions:
- What do employees Need (not Want!) to feel secure and satisfied in their current work place?
- What is change about and how to be strategically ready for changes that may affect employees?
- How to turn the workplace into an attractive place for people to want to belong to?
- What kind of employee management training is necessary to respond to current employee needs?
Key Employee Management Tips
What is needed, is the kind of continuous corporate management training programs that would make a real change. Creating a positive work environment, one that promotes power positive thinking is the hinge point of employee stability. Make no mistake about it, this is the most important aspect that will be the main deciding factor of whether an employee leaves or stays (not money!) An organizational family, for real, where positive work environment ideas flourish. To put in simple terms what is management about is creating a workplace that employees and top talent want & will be proud to be part of. And… It Can Be Done with minor adjustments, carefully made in key strategic points…where it counts.
Top Talent Management
Top talents are employees as well! Therefore, as a basic need, they require the same human consideration as any other employees. On a specific level, top talent would need certain different style of incentives that would commensurate with their skill level. However, that would be a secondary consideration, which would be determined by leadership and management as they develop their own team leadership Skills.
Therefore, strategic thinking training, change management training programs, emotional intelligence training and other corporate management training programs, that are conducted with great effectiveness by The Thinking Coach, would need to be considered.
Investing In The Right kind Of Soft Skills For The Workplace – Why It Doesn’t Happen?
The lack of consistent investment, by the majority of corporations, in soft skill training courses and in Employee Training Development, is due to a perception that such programs don’t achieve much and that employees leave any way so there’s no point in investing in them. The following considerations will shed a different light on the matter;
- Generally speaking, soft Skills for the work place cannot be measured quantitatively, because it’s a qualitative issue, which is process oriented.
- Nothing works if you just do it once and expect immediate changes, especially not in soft skill development training, which is to do with character traits, habits, fears and prevailing attitudes.
- If employees don’t really have an incentive to improve they won’t. That is, if the work environment is negative, punitive and does not encourage excellence, employees will only demonstrate a perfunctory level of performance.
- Employee turnover is high when employees don’t feel they are valued. So it’s a Catch 22, that can be solved by investing in Employee Training Development, which conveys value and belief in their ability to excel.
- In addition to all that, misplaced and unreasonable expectations of a “magic wand” Employee Training Development program that would change everything at once, are a fantasy that never comes true.
- A prolonged period of misdirected work practices won’t go away in one soft skill course, or two or three…
- The only Result Oriented program is A Process Oriented program
- A paradigm shift must occur in leadership management and human resources consultants evaluations of the importance of soft Skills for the workplace. (Things Have Changed…A lot!)
- There is of course the matter of learning to distinguish what’s what. Determining which soft skills training company is the best fit for your organization.
Here is a telling fact, in considering soft Skills versus hard Skills. Studies show that 90% of firing and employee turnover happens because of lack of soft skills aptitude and 10% happen because of lack of hard skills (domain Skills). Yet, most companies have not made the necessary paradigm shift in thinking, and continue to invest 90% in domain Skills seminars and only 10% in soft Skills training programs.
How To Reduce Employee Turnover – Employee Management Tips
- Invest in your employees
- Invest in creating a happy work place
- Don’t reward negative competition within the workforce
- Reward positive mental attitude
- Encourage and reward Skillshare strategy
- Skillshare – Performance information tool sharing
- Effective communication Skills in the workplace – verbal and nonverbal communication
- Reward according to efforts NOT according to results only
- Enforce human-to-human trust standards such as “judgment free zone”
- Have a forthcoming feedback strategy
- Delegating responsibilities work to establish trust – put in place monitoring evaluation process commensurate with skill level
- Maintain the Big Picture view throughout the organization through performance information tools
- Keep people “on their toes” by offering them interesting and challenging obstacles to increase their scope and level of responsibility
- Ask and Listen often
- Get to know the inside story of your employees
- Reward materially and financially wherever possible
- DON’T TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED
Call To Action
Employee turnover costs are monumental compared to the cost of investing in an Employee Development Training Program. The Thinking Coach can offer your organization specialized consultation that includes diagnosis of your particular organizational needs. This will result in a highly effective, tailor-fit program that blends together different team leadership Skills to suit your specific organizational needs!
This program tackles head on and explains what is change about, where employee security is concerned. It is also an important aspect of The thinking Coach Top Leadership Development Programs, as it tackles the basic problems that face many organizations today, namely How to Reduce Employee Turnover and How to Retain Top Talent. As always the true solutions to these issues are process oriented because, ultimately it is about creating an irresistible work environment that promotes excellence and happiness. Happiness might not appear to be a “professional” term for the business world but rest assured, and this is an incontestable fact that…
Happy Employees are Productive Employees!
The Thinking Coach™
- Defining What is Intelligence For- The 5 Power Intelligences
- Find Out What Is Mental Toughness About In The Workplace